Benefits of a water tank
Most people install a tank to catch the rainwater that normally runs down the drain, and in doing so are helping the environment. They will also save money in time as water gets more expensive to purchase from water authorities, by supplementing the supply with rainwater caught from their own roof will reduce costs.
- Collect the rainwater that falls on your roof, example: for every 1mm of rain, that falls on 1 square metre you will collect up to 1 litre of water.
- Reduce the consumption of mains water and, in the long term, cut your water bill.
- Lower the impact on the environment by reducing your demand on mains supply, as well as limiting the amount of stormwater runoff.
- Garden plants and vegetables tend to grow better with rainwater
- Not have to worry about water restrictions
- Have a reserve of water for fire fighting in high risk area’s